Sunday, June 15, 2008

First trip to the Japanese Gardens

With friends Matt and Stephanie in town from Austin TX, Jennifer and I made the trek out to the gardens and braved UW graduation traffic, well Stephanie did since she was driving. Matt and Stephanie moved from WA to TX last year and this was their first trip back together since they've moved. The day started with breakfast at the BOB, always a good place to eat and they are known for their Chicken Fried Steak (yummy). After that we went to the Japanese Gardens in Madison Park. Surprisingly even though I've lived in this area almost my whole life I've never been there. Admission is $5 and is worth the price. The gardens though smaller are just as nice as the section in Butchart Gardens in Victoria. Below are some of the 130ish shots I took. This was my second trip with my new 80-200 2.8 Nikon lens and I love it more than ever.













No comments: